Inspired by the ideas of Harvard's Project Zero a collaboration between a group of Sydney schools has resulted in the founding of Project Zero Sydney. The aim of the group is to share and develop expertise in the practical application of the Project Zero philosophy.
Drawing on Project Zero pedagogy and practice, we believe that:
- learning is a consequence of thinking
- understanding is not only something you have, but something you do
- intelligence is not one thing, but many, and is something that can be learned
- thinking skills alone are not sufficient; we must also have the disposition to use them
- thinking and learning are processes that are deepened when we make them visible
- collaboration is the stuff of learning.
A central aim of PZSyd is to share our passion for Project Zero ideas with others by providing free professional learning opportunities for Australian educators.